YouTube Now Offers Supervised Accounts: YouTube has been around for many years, and it continues to grow in popularity as a platform for content consumption. As YouTube continues to grow, it becomes more important for the site to provide a safe and supervised environment for users.
YouTube is making it easier for kids to stay safe online. Starting next year, YouTube will offer supervised accounts for tweens and teens, which will give parents more control over what their children are viewing on the site.
YouTube Now Offers Supervised Accounts for Tweens and Teens
YouTube is making it easier for kids to watch videos with supervised accounts. Supervised accounts allow parents or guardians to set up profiles for their children that can restrict what videos the child can watch and how long they can watch them. The feature is now available to kids in the US, UK, and Canada.
For more information, visit YouTube’s blog post here: https://www.youtube.com
supervised accounts for tweens and teens can provide benefits such as:
– Increased safety and security online.
– More positive online experiences.
– Improved communication and teamwork skills.
– Increased self-confidence.
How to Set Up a Supervised Account on YouTube
When it comes to keeping your tween or teen safe online, YouTube is a great resource. With supervised accounts, you can easily set limits on what they can and cannot do on the site.
Here’s how to set one up:
1. Go to YouTube’s main page and click on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen.
2. On the next page, click on “Create a Supervised Account.”
3. Enter your child’s full name and email address in the appropriate fields, and then click on “Create Account.”
4. In the next screen, you will be asked to select a parent or guardian to be responsible for this account. If you are creating an account for a child who is not living with you, select “Other Person(s)” and enter their email address.
5. Click on “Next Step” and you will be taken to a screen where you can set some basic restrictions for your child’s account. You can choose to disable comments, ratings, and suggested videos, as well as restrict their access to specific areas of YouTube.
6. Click on “Finish” to create the account and return to the main screen. Congratulations! Your child has now been set up with a supervised YouTube account.
New Content Filter for Different Age Groups
YouTube Kids is introducing a new content filter for different age groups. The new filter will allow parents to set restrictions on which videos their children can watch and which channels they can subscribe to. The filter will also monitor videos for inappropriate language, violence, and other harmful content.
The new filter will be available beginning in late May for kids aged 3 to 12 and will be rolled out to more countries over time. YouTube Kids is the official app for kids from ages 2 to 11. Parents can use the app to find educational videos, play games, and connect with family and friends.
Don’t Miss …
If you’re a parent of a tween or teen, there’s good news: YouTube now offers supervised accounts for those ages. This means that parents can add their kids to the account and have some control over what their kids see.
YouTube Now Offers Supervised Accounts
Here’s more on how it works:
To create a supervised account, parents will first need to sign in to their YouTube account. Once they’re logged in, they’ll see a new option called “Supervised Accounts.” If they want to set up a supervised account for their child, they’ll click on this option and follow the instructions.
The first step is to choose whether or not you want your child to have an unsupervised or supervised account. If you want them to have an unsupervised account, then you’ll need to fill out some information about your child and select a password. Once you’ve done this, your child will have an unsupervised account with limited access to videos and channels.
If you want them to have a supervised account, then you’ll need to fill out all of the same information as your regular account, but you’ll also need to select a contact person who will be able to manage the account and make changes if necessary